The center of Excellence for research and innovation “Koios” of the University of Cyprus accepts applications for one (1) position of research Associate, with emphasis on cybersecurity issues, for full-time employment. The candidate or candidate to be recruited will carry out research in the context of various research projects of “Koios” funded by the European Union, such as the KIOS CoE Teaming program, the ACTING program funded by the European Defense Fund, as well as various national programs and/or projects funded by industry.
Short job description
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct basic and Applied Research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with particular emphasis on monitoring, control, management and security of systems in critical infrastructures.
Depending on qualifications and experience, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research in the field of cyber security for cyberphysical systems, using the research infrastructures of the center of Excellence “Koios”, preparing reports and deliverables related to the projects, participating in meetings and contributing to the preparation of research proposals. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to publish the results of his/her research in international conferences and journals.
- European citizenship is required to issue a safety certificate, which is required for the EDF Acting project.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s degree (MSc) in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Informatics or from a similar field, from a recognized Higher Educational Institution.
- Doctoral degree (PhD), related to Information and Communication Technologies.
* Previous experience in cybersecurity issues in cyberphysical systems will be considered as an additional qualification.
* Previous experience in participating in or managing research projects funded by EU or national funds will be considered an advantage.
Terms of employment
The employment of the researcher will be under contract. The duration of employment will be one year, with the possibility of renewal based on performance. The monthly gross salary will be according to qualifications and experience and will vary between €1900 – €3200. From the salary will be deducted the contributions of an employee to the state coffers. The 13th salary is built into the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted under the Maternity Protection Act of 1997 (N.100 (I) / 1997), as well as the existing amending laws.
Submit an application
Interested parties are invited to submit the following information electronically to the link https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment:
- Letter of expression of interest for the position in question also indicating the date he / she is available for employment
- Brief description of previous work experience (can be combined with the expression of interest letter-up to 2 pages)
iii. Copies and analytical scores of the BSc/MSc/PhD degree (s)
- Full curriculum vitae in Greek or English
- Names and contact details of at least two persons who can give recommendations.
The last day for applications is Friday, December 2, 2022, at 17: 00 pm. Applications will be evaluated immediately.
For more information about the position visit the website https://www.kios.ucy.ac.cy/open_positions_categories/open-positions / or call at 22893460 or by e-mail at the e-mail address [email protected].
At least the three leading candidates per position who meet the required qualifications will be invited for an interview before a three-member committee.
Candidates will be informed by the entity by e-mail about the result of their application.