The Ministry of Culture and Sports presents the proposals of the nine partnerships of international and Greek architectural offices, following the presentation of the selected architectural proposal by David Chipperfield Architects and Alexander N. Tobazi A.E. for the expansion and upgrading of the National Archaeological Museum.
As Minister of Culture and Sports Lina Mendoni stated, ” I must, first of all, stress that all the proposals are of an extremely high aesthetic level, with a detailed study and vision for the National Archaeological Museum and the overall upgrading of the area of the center of Athens. I warmly thank all the participants, both for their inspiration and for the harmonious cooperation between the International and Greek architectural offices. With unanimity and high criteria, the seven-member international multidisciplinary evaluation committee, chaired by Professor Andreas Kourkoulas, approved the proposal of David Chipperfield Architects and Alexander N. Tobazi A.So that in the next few years Athens will have a new museum, worthy of the valuable collections of EAM. The award of the 2023 Pritzker Prize-the top architectural distinction – to David Chipperfield, confirms the selection of the committee”.
In the attached file are attached images of the proposals of the following partnerships of international and Greek architectural firms:
- Adjaye Associates & Kizi Studio
- Ateliers Jean Nouvel & George Batzios Architects
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro (D S + R) & VAP Architects & Neiheiser Argyros
- Herzog and de Meuron & AETER Architects
- Kengo Kuma and Associates & K-Studio
- OMA & Rena Sakellaridou SPARCH PC
- RCR Arquitectes & Parmenidis-Longuepe-Mari
- SANAA & Buerger Katsota Architects
- Thomas Phifer & Tsolakis Architects & Kalliopi Kontozoglou