Title: Teaching Specialist
No. Number of posts: two (2)
Category: Part-time contracts per semester.
Place of employment: Faculty of Engineering, University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Interdepartmental Postgraduate Programme of the Faculty of Engineering “Energy Technologies and Sustainable Design” is accepting applications for the filling of two (2) positions of Specialist Teaching Scientist (STS), The positions are to cover teaching needs with a part-time fixed-term contract (fixed term with the possibility of employment for the following year). The teaching will be carried out in the framework of the Interdepartmental Master’s Programme “Energy Technologies and Sustainable Design” and will include a combination of course and laboratory teaching. The teaching will cover the courses:
“POL 604 Advanced work: integrated design and project research I”
‘POL 704 Advanced Work: Integrated Design and Project Research II’.
‘POL 804 Advanced Task: Integrated Design and Project Research III’
Filling of the posts is subject to the availability of funding.
Please note that the employment is part-time and is for the Fall (15 credit weeks), Spring (15 credit weeks) and Summer Semester (8 credit weeks) of the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
The language of instruction is Greek.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. The workload of the “Advanced Work: Integrated Design and Project Research” is expected to be increased during the month of April, while during the Fall Semester it starts with introductory courses of interdisciplinary approach on “Energy” and how it is found in the various aspects of engineering science applications – with the aim of ensuring an initial common background among the students of the Interdisciplinary Program “Energy Technologies and Sustainable Design“. For the purpose of carrying out the Advanced Work, the Specialists will collaborate with the Specialist Teaching Staff and faculty members of the Faculty of Engineering.
- A Master’s degree at doctoral level in an engineering field and research activity in a relevant field.
- Very good knowledge of the Greek language.
- Practical experience in the field of Energy Performance of Buildings.
- Experience in teaching in higher education in a related field.
- Academic excellence (books, publications in recognized scientific journals).
- Very good knowledge of the English language.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The gross remuneration of PhD Specialists will be €66 per hour, from which employee contributions to the various State Funds will be deducted. The average workload for the total 38 weeks of employment will be 3 hours per week.
In the case of other employment in the public or private sector, part-time leave must be secured prior to the signing of the employment contract to be declared to the HR Department (HRD) of the University of Cyprus.
Candidates need not be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus.
Applicants are invited to submit their application via the websitehttps://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment with the following supporting documents:
- Letter of interest for this post.
- Full CV (including contact address and telephone number).
- Copies of diplomas.
- Representative publications.
- Names and contact details of at least two academics from whom references may be sought.
Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited for an interview.
Selected candidates will be asked to provide certified photocopies of diplomas from the Ministry of Education (in case of diplomas from private schools/universities in Cyprus) or from the Issuing Authority (in case of universities abroad).
Applications with all necessary supporting material should not exceed 20 MB in size.
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 29 April 2022 at 10.00 a.m. For further information, please contact either by email at [email protected] with the subject “Teaching Specialist Positions – 2022-2023”, or by phone at +357-22895400.
“POL 604 Advanced Work: Integrated Design and Project Research I” (8 ECTS)
‘POL 704 Advanced Work: Integrated Design and Project Research II’ (8 ECTS)
‘POL 804 Advanced Task: Integrated Design and Project Research III’ (8 ECTS) (8 ECTS)
The Integrated Design and Project Research includes topics which are relevant to the interdisciplinary character of the programme of both the professional and the research Master’s degree, as well as topics concerning the collaboration of students in as realistic conditions as possible. Students are assigned to teams and are responsible for the design of a project, including the prospects for the application of cutting-edge applied research results according to predefined requirements. It is expected that this advanced project will use the learning outcomes from the course “Research Methodology” by applying them to the energy project of the project. The project is distributed and the knowledge acquired by the students through the courses taught throughout the programme is applied to the design and research conditions of the project. In this way, students are better prepared to transfer their knowledge to practical applications, including the critical application of relevant research results, and gain experience of participating in a larger team where everyone will perform part of the work but at the same time all will work together towards the common goal of completing the project design and research.
For further information about the Interdepartmental Master’s Programme “Energy Technologies and Sustainable Design” of the Faculty of Engineering, interested parties can find out more at the following link https://etsd.ucy.ac.cy/