Applications for admission to the ΜΑ “RELIGIOUS AND PILGRIMAGE TOURISM ” for the academic year 2023-24 started from 1/9 to 15/10/2023 and can only be submitted online: https://msc-religioustourism.web.auth.gr/
The postgraduate program is organized by the Department of Social Theology and Christian Culture of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in cooperation with the Department of Organizational Management, Marketing and Tourism of the International Hellenic University and is already operating successfully in its fourth cycle.
The aim of the Programme is to cultivate and promote scientific knowledge and research on the theoretical background of religious and pilgrimage tourism, as well as to provide and develop tourism skills for those interested in working in the field of religious and pilgrimage tourism or in the public or private sector.
THE PROGRAM IN A FEW WORDS
Eligible: Graduates of all Departments of Higher Educational Institutions, the Supreme Church Academies and the Schools of the Armed Forces and Security Forces. Graduates of Higher Schools related to Tourism are also accepted, to whom it offers reliable and valid knowledge about the special form of religious and pilgrimage tourism.
Final year undergraduate students can also submit an application.
Duration: Three (3) semesters, equivalent to 90 ECTS.
Attending postgraduate courses during the first two semesters, and preparing a thesis during the third semester.
Mode of teaching: Distance learning is possible. Combination of physical and online teaching. Use of the e-learning platform.
Tuition fees: 2.000 euros. Payment of 200 euros upon enrolment and the remaining 1,800 euros in three (3) equal instalments of 600 euros before the beginning of each semester.
Advantages of the Programme:
- The programme provides a postgraduate degree, the relevance of which is recognised for a wide range of professional fields in the public and private sectors.
- Covers interdisciplinary both fields required for the specialization of religious and pilgrimage tourism:
- the religious and theological knowledge provided by the Department of Social Theology and Christian Culture and
- its tourist and administrative management, provided by the Department of Organisation Management, Marketing and Tourism.
- Studies religious and pilgrimage tourism holistically, including, along with theological and tourism knowledge, its historical and cultural load as well as its environmental and ecological footprint.
It follows the international scientific and technological developments in its field and provides its students with up-to-date specialized knowledge and skills.
At the same time, it promotes scientific research and contributes to the extroversion and dissemination of its results to society.
- Career pathways:
- Graduates can offer high quality professional, research and scientific work in academic, ecclesiastical and social institutions,
- to become executives in organizations, public and private, related to religious and pilgrimage tourism, such as e.g. executives of the social work of the Church, local government, political administration, to contribute as teachers to the work of education, public and private, but also as contributors to the work of cultural and humanitarian institutions.
Contact: [email protected]