Famous symphonic and operatic works will be presented, in imaginative transcriptions for four pianos.
The popular concert cycle Great Performers and the events celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Athens Concert Hall continue four leading piano virtuosos in a recital for four pianos, on Wednesday, October 6 at 20:30. The internationally renowned pianist and Artistic Director of MMA, Giannis Vakarelis, welcomes on the stage of Christos Lambrakis Hall three soloists, Kyprianos Katsaris, Giorgos-Emmanouil Lazaridis and Achilleas Wastor. The four pianists will present famous works of the symphonic and operatic repertoire, in imaginative transcriptions for four pianos, revealing hidden aspects of the original versions.
- Tannhäuser Overture – Richard Wagner (transcription: Carl Burchard)
- Concerto no. 1 in a major, “Spring” from the Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi (transcription: Nikola Oikonomou)
- Carmen Fantasie – Georges Bizet (transcription: Achilles Wastor)
- Rakoczy March – Franz Liszt
- “Alexis Zorbas” ballet suite – Mikis Theodorakis (transcript: Achilles Wastor)
- Bolero – Maurice Ravel (transcription: Jacques Drillon)
In collaboration with the Ballet of the Greek National Opera – choreography by Konstantinos Rigos
Leave A Comment