TITLE: Special Research Scientist
- OF POSITIONS: one (1)
CATEGORY: 24-month contract
The Archimedes Research Center for Structural and Construction Technology of the Department of Architecture at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for Special Research Scientist in the framework of a research programme (outside funding) of the Department of Architecture.
Research will focus on the following:
- Review of standard examples of integration of solar systems in buildings.
- Evaluation of adaptive shell constructions with integrated thin-film solar panels.
- Design of adaptive shell structure.
- Evaluation of kinematics and adaptive structure.
- Evaluation of structural function and energy efficiency of thin-film solar panels.
- Candidates should hold an undergraduate and graduate degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Energy Technologies.
- Knowledge of parametric design software.
- Knowledge of structural analysis software (static and kinematic analysis).
- Knowledge of energy simulation software.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
Citizenship of the Republic of Cyprus is not mandatory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and evaluation of examples of integration of solar systems in buildings locally and internationally.
- Review and evaluation of adaptive shell constructions.
- Contribution to the development of a model adaptive shell structure with integrated thin-film solar panels.
- Contribution to the static and kinematic analysis of model construction.
- Contribution to the development of detailed construction
- Contribution to the evaluation of the functioning of model structural adaptive mechanisms.
- Contribution to the evaluation of the energy efficiency of thin-film solar panels.
- Preparation of reports and deliverables regarding the development of this research.
- Contribution to the preparation and writing of scientific articles in prestigious scientific journals.
- The position will be filled with a 24-month contract, on a part time basis.
- The gross monthly salary, to be determined according to qualifications and experience, can amount until €800,00. Employee contributions will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is not included.
Applications should be submitted electronically as a single pdf file comprising the following:
- Letter of Motivation, with full contact information
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications (optional)
- Copies of degrees and detailed transcripts
- Names and contact information of at least three (3) persons, of whom at least two are academics, whose reference letters may be requested.
Applications should be sent electronically to Dr. Marios K. Fokas, Professor at the Department of Architecture, at [email protected], also notified to Dr. Eftychios Christoforou, Adjunct Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Construction, at [email protected] until 28 January 2022 at 23:00 the latest.
At least the three likeliest candidates who meet the required qualifications will be called for interview with a three-member Committee.
The candidates will be informed through an electronic message regarding the outcome of their application.
According to the provisions of the General Regulation on EU Data Protection 2016/679 of the European Parliament, the University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal information.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Marios K. Fokas, Professor ([email protected])