The Interdepartmental Postgraduate Program “Modern Information Technologies and Services” of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the School of Engineering, the Department of Informatics of the School of Science of the University of Western Macedonia and the Department of Informatics of the School of Information and Communication Technologies of the University of Piraeus aims at the coordinated development and organization of all strands of research in the field of Information Technology, with an emphasis on the fields that are of high priority for our country. The curriculum has been designed to successfully meet the specific scientific needs arising from the international rapid growth of IT.
- The promotion of science and research in the field of Information Technology in Greece.
- The training of specialized and highly qualified scientists and researchers who will promote the development of our country and Greek companies in the Information Society.
- Preparation for postgraduate studies at doctoral level.
- The development of Theoretical and Applied Informatics in Greece.
- The close cooperation between academia and the business sector for the use and dissemination of the most advanced IT systems.
- Cooperation with Greek, European and International Scientific Organizations in the field of IT.
- In addition, the program supports and promotes the common field of research cultivated by the two institutions concerning communication systems, internet technologies, systems security as well as ICT
Specializations – study tracks:
Graduates are awarded the Postgraduate Diploma “Master of Science (MSc) in Modern Information Technologies and Services” with one of the following specializations:
- Modern Telecommunication Systems, Internet Technologies, Internet of Things and Systems Security
- Information and Communication Technologies in Education
The Program is addressed to graduates of Greek and recognized foreign Universities of an equivalent educational level; such as graduates of Schools or Departments of Informatics, IT Engineering, Communication Technology Engineering, Natural and Social Sciences, as well as graduates of Law Schools and Schools of Philosophy, Humanities and Education.
The selection of candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- GPA of first degree (25%)
- Type and range of work and / or professional and / or research experience (25%).
- Letters of recommendation (10%).
- Knowledge of English (5%).
- Other information included in the CV (5%)
- Interview (30%).
The application form as well as information on the required supporting documents is available on the website of Program https://msc.cs.uowm.gr/
The applications and the relevant supporting documents are submitted to the Secretariat of Program on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 to 13:00, or can be sent by post or by courier to the address: Postgraduate Program “Modern Information Technologies and Services”, University of Western Macedonia, Fourka Area, Kastoria, zip code: 52100.
Tuition fees: € 2.880 (scholarships are available)
For further information you may contact the Secretariat of the Program and Mr. Christos Chytiris at tel. 2467440023 and e-mail [email protected].