The Centre of Excellence for Research and Innovation ” Kios” of the University of Cyprus is currently accepting applications for the position of one (1) Specialist Scientist for the position of the Management Director, for full-time employment. The successful candidate must have leadership skills as he/she will be responsible for the smooth and orderly operation of the Centre. The position requires physical presence at the premises of the Centre, located in Nicosia.
Brief job description – Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Supervise the daily operation of the Centre.
- Monitor the annual budget of the Centre.
- S/he takes care of Human Resources issues (recruitment, education and training).
- Develops partnerships and agreements with the partners of the Innovation Hub of “Kios”.
- Monitor the development of the Centre’s research infrastructure.
- Develop, implement and monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the management of the Centre.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the Kios Strategic Plan.
Required knowledge in:
- Administration: knowledge of principles related to Human Resources, project coordination, strategic planning, business relationship development, risk management, resource allocation and overall coordination.
- Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Management.
- Engineering and Technology: Understanding the use of engineering and technology to solve practical problems.
- the legal system of Cyprus and Europe, as well as laws and relevant regulations related to the activities of the Centre.
- Greek and English Language
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Management, Science, Social Sciences, Engineering or other subject relevant to the duties of the post from a recognised Higher Education Institution.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities.
Terms and conditions of employment
The successful candidate will be employed on a two-year contract, renewable on the basis of performance. There will be a probationary period of six months. The monthly gross salary will be based on qualifications and experience and will be between €4,500 – €6,000. Employee contributions to state funds will be deducted from the salary. The 13th salary is integrated into the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted under the Maternity Protection Act 1997 (Law 100(I)/1997), as well as existing amending laws.
Interested parties are invited to submit the following information online at the following link https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment:
- A letter of expression of interest for the post in question, stating also the date you are available for employment
- Brief description of previous work experience, (may be combined with the letter of interest – up to 2 pages)
- Transcripts and analytical evaluation of the BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Full CV in Greek or English language
- Certificate of proficiency in English
- Names and contact details of at least two people who can provide references.
The last day for submission of applications is Friday, 1 December 2023, at 17:00 hrs. Applications will be evaluated immediately.
For more Information you may visit https://www.kios.ucy.ac.cy/open_positions_categories/open-positions/ or make a phone call at 22893451 or via e-mail at [email protected].